jims88 Ls4 Project by Jims88
Started on: 11-07-2012 09:20 PM
Replies: 89 (6011 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 12-28-2015 07:09 PM
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up purchasing the Motegi MR-116 with a 5x100/4.5 bolt pattern.
The 5x115 Grand Prix bolt pattern I have on the rear wheel hubs proved to be impossible to find offsets and rim widths at a reasonable cost , so I re-drilled the 5x115 GXP bolt pattern to a Mustang 5x4.5 bolt pattern.
I purchased a 94-04 Mustang wheel bearing off ebay and made up the 5x4.5 drill guide out of 3/8" plate.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-N...essories&fits=Model%

A search revealed this website that sells Wheel Bolt/Lug pattern drill guides. More than I wanted to spend though.
http://store.roadkillcustom...5-5-x-5-50-to-5-x-5/

After I disassembled Mustang hub, I turned up some 1/4" drill guide bushings and secured them with Loctite.

Half of the 3/8" plate width is bored to match the Mustang hub, the other half bored to match the Grand Prix hub, then clamped and drilled.

The plate with the 4.5" bolt pattern clamped to the Grand Prix hub and pilot holes drilled.

Drilling out the pilot holes with a 12M drill for the wheel studs.
Since re-drilling Grand Prix hub was an after thought, I was stuck with working around the 3/4" bearing flange bolt access hole.

Wheel studs installed.

Wheels mounted

Rear wheel to fender.

Rear wheel to coil over and trailing link clearances.

Front wheel to fender.

IP: Logged
ennored

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ennoredSend a Private Message to ennoredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I reading it right that you have Grand Prix hubs on the back (redrilled to 4x4.5")?

I don't think I've seen that done. Followed a few other threads on '88 rear hubs. Where did I miss this?

Tim
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ennored:

Am I reading it right that you have Grand Prix hubs on the back (redrilled to 4x4.5")?

I don't think I've seen that done. Followed a few other threads on '88 rear hubs. Where did I miss this?

Tim

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/125016.html
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had been looking at steering wheel options on eBay and did a forum search to see what other member's had done.
I ended up going with a Fiero 3-spoke steering wheel, but had to fab up some new horn switch parts to get it working.

On the left is the horn button hardware that came with the 3-spoke steering wheel.
The long screw on the right was trimmed down several times, to get the correct pin length.

Some pictures of the parts, with dimensions. The bore is 3/16"

The stock length pin

New pin

Finished
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jims88

268 posts
Member since Jul 2011

Originally posted by ennored:

Tim

I have about 75 miles of spirited driving on them and no grease leaks or strange noises, so far so good
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the video/sound clip?
Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple of finished cradle pictures and start up video.

Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am happy with Norms battery relocation kit but wanted access to the battery terminals, with out having to remove the spare tire.
I purchased a pair of auxiliary battery posts from Summit and mounted them on a piece of 2"x1/16" wall tube.

I insulated the Positive terminal just to be safe before mounting the bracket.

Installed the Positive cable to the battery.

All done, I mounted the Negative wire to one of the brake booster studs.

I purchased a NOCO GB30 to keep in my trunk for emergencies.
Scotty Kilmer has the review here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_oIsETIc0

Jims88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jims88

268 posts
Member since Jul 2011
A couple of interior pictures with the Corvette seats and new carpet upgrade.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095521.html

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see a good powerplant swap
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock