Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  New manufacture windshield cowling (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New manufacture windshield cowling by PISA The Fiero HQ
Started on: 11-08-2013 08:13 PM
Replies: 40 (3072 views)
Last post by: Will on 04-09-2016 07:54 PM
PISA The Fiero HQ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PISA has developed a new fiberglass windshield cowling to replace the old factory units on all years and models of the Fiero. It is not an exact replica of the original, but we feel it has superior looks and durability. It is manufactured with hand-laid fiberglass mat and a black gelcoat finish. The vent areas are covered with formed stainless steel wire mesh already bonded to the panel from underneath. All new hardware for installation is included. You do not need to reuse any old hardware and only one hole needs to be drilled for the new holdown clamp for the spring. Complete installation instructions are also included.

The price is $219.00 plus shipping/handling (varies with your location - we ship from Phoenix, AZ). We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover, or you can send a check or Money Order. Any questions can be posted here, or you can call us at 602-273-1616 or 877-773-1616. Our direct email is info@pisafierohq.com

The hardware package:

Hardware with the cowling:

Original cowling:

Original and new cowlings:

New cowling in place:

Detail of the spring and washer tube:

Another install (on my Jalapeno)

Thanks for looking!

Marty Jakolat, Owner
PISA - The Fiero HQ
1121 E Tonto Street
Phoenix AZ 85034
602-273-1616
877-773-1616
www.pisafierohq.com

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 03-29-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will paypal be an option?
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Marty, that looks reasonably nice. I guess its a glossier upgrade for a more modern look.

I appriciate the effort for a new product for the fiero.

Will this fit all fieros, or just 86-88GT models.

I have a used 88 Formula cowl on my 88GT. It fit nice, but it fit tightly.
BTW, I recommend useing the exact style tabs for installation. Plus the 2 tabs
on the outter sides have to be used. They have the same look as the ones you have in
your kit. The other 5 are different.

Again, yes...I like your new product.

Cheers,

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can also accept PayPal. Thanks.
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PISA The Fiero HQ

28 posts
Member since Aug 2002
Thanks to fierogt28 for your comments. The fiberglass piece is more rigid than the original and has the added screw for holding the spring. We did eliminate some of the push fasteners, but the unit stays in place well. It is based on the later style, but fits all years and models. We have it installed on a 1984 and a 1987gt.

If you prefer the matte finish, it can also be painted.

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 11-08-2013).]

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can not view pictures. Went to web site & could not locate this offering.

Mike Parker
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I do not have this item on the website (some problems with hosting). If anyone is unable to view the pictures, please email me at info@pisafierohq.com (you can also email directly from the website) and I will send pictures.

I used PIP, and apparently the server was down 11/9/2013 AM

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 11-13-2013).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks really nice and clean, and (hopefully) better at keeping leaves and crap from getting stuck in the holes of the stock one I might have to do this.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marty,

I will be ordering a few of those for my collection. Thanks!

PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to kwagner and TXOPIE for the positive responses!
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these available now? That's looks fantastic! I've yet to find one that isn't warped beyond repair. I didn't see it on your website.
PFF
System Bot
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the cowlings are available. Sorry, the website is WAY past due for updating!
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures are not working
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pics are working for me. It is a very nice looking product! Very nice work and this is obviously thinking outside the box for a part I've never thought twice about.

Speaking of thinking outside the box, nothing is further outside the box than the Jalapeno! Question about it: What size wheels and tires are you using on yours?

Jonathan
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't view pics
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures are working for me. Looks very nice.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I'll be getting one of these soon.

RJ
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

The pics are working for me. It is a very nice looking product! Very nice work and this is obviously thinking outside the box for a part I've never thought twice about.

Speaking of thinking outside the box, nothing is further outside the box than the Jalapeno! Question about it: What size wheels and tires are you using on yours?

Jonathan

I am using P255/55R17 tires all around. I damaged the front end, so we are replacing it and doing some modifications and upgrades.

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 02-04-2014).]

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you tell me the width and offset of your wheels?

Thanks!
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if it were not for the fact I have a new oem one I'd jump on this immediately. I do however need the hardware if available to purchase separately.

if so please pm me the cost.

thank you
Jocksoft

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there.

I PM'd you about this a couple of weeks ago but got no reply. I also e-mailed you. Still nothing. Is the problem at my end and you did not get them or are you just not talking to me?

I am interested in this product, but live in Europe. You have posted to me in the past (the Euro dash) so I am hoping you will again.

[This message has been edited by Jocksoft (edited 02-11-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I receive my tax refund, I'm buying one.
Thanks!
bb
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PISA The Fiero HQ:

PISA has developed a new fiberglass windshield cowling to replace the old factory units on all years and models of the Fiero. It is not an exact replica of the original, but we feel it has superior looks and durability. It is manufactured with hand-laid fiberglass mat and a black gelcoat finish. The vent areas are covered with formed stainless steel wire mesh already bonded to the panel from underneath. All new hardware for installation is included. You do not need to reuse any old hardware and only one hole needs to be drilled for the new holdown clamp for the spring. Complete installation instructions are also included.

The price is $179.00 plus shipping/handling (usually about $25.00 for most of the continental US as of the time of this writing). We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover, or you can send a check or Money Order. Any questions can be posted here, or you can call us at 602-273-1616 or 877-773-1616. Our direct email is info@pisafierohq.com

The hardware package:

Hardware with the cowling:

Original cowling:

Original and new cowlings:

New cowling in place:

Detail of the spring and washer tube:

Another install (on my Jalapeno)

Thanks for looking!

Marty Jakolat, Owner
PISA - The Fiero HQ
1121 E Tonto Street
Phoenix AZ 85034
602-273-1616
877-773-1616
www.pisafierohq.com

PM'ed you a while back about the hardware package and still no reply. Are you selling these and if so how much, thank you.
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My apologies to everyone who sent me a PM. I was not receiving notifications. Replies have been sent.

We are currently manufacturing the cowling. Orders are generally filled in 1-2 weeks, as we manufacture all our parts when orders are received.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by PISA The Fiero HQ (edited 02-22-2014).]

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent for local purchase/pickup

Charlie
RURC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RURCSend a Private Message to RURCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks great but can't afford it yet.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Are these still around?
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact the guys at PISA via email. I bought one for my Fiero last year. Sprayed it satin black. Looks fantastic.

info@pisafierohq.com
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. What color are they, upon arrival? Do they have to be painted?

I wish I could see one installed, in person.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-29-2016).]

PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2016 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are still manufacturing the cowlings. They are a gloss black, but can be painted. We are in Phoenix AZ and happy to show the installed part if you are in the area.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you make one without the HVAC air openings?

I'm thinking about a hood vent and don't want to flow radiator air to my A/C intake. I can get fresh air from the ends of the cowl plenum or the edges of the hood via NACA ducts.
PFF
System Bot
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our mold has the openings in it, so the areas would need to be filled in after the part is laid up. This would be time consuming (translate - expensive) for us to do here. I could send the part without the screens installed and you could do the modifications. The openings for the washer spray heads would also need to be addressed.
predmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for predmeisterSend a Private Message to predmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one. Great workmanship!!!
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Our mold has the openings in it, so the areas would need to be filled in after the part is laid up. This would be time consuming (translate - expensive) for us to do here. I could send the part without the screens installed and you could do the modifications. The openings for the washer spray heads would also need to be addressed.

Cool. Thanks for explaining. Are the screens glued in?
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to predmeister for the positive comment.

We use urethane windshield adhesive to attach the screens from the underside. This makes a very durable bond.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just removed the cowling from a new project car, to check for any potential issues.
Makes me appreciate how really nice this new piece is. (Way too nice for my car, at this point. Maybe after a while...)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-06-2016).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We use urethane windshield adhesive to attach the screens from the underside. This makes a very durable bond.

Ok. I could use a similar product to attach some textile rubber sheet or a similar material.
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please check your PM's.

I want one of these cowls if you have any available (85 GT).

Thanks
PISA The Fiero HQ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PISA The Fiero HQClick Here to visit PISA The Fiero HQ's HomePageSend a Private Message to PISA The Fiero HQEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Urethane windshield adhesive is relatively expensive (about $20 per tube) and cannot be dispensed from a manual caulk gun.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Could you make one without the HVAC air openings?

I'm thinking about a hood vent and don't want to flow radiator air to my A/C intake. I can get fresh air from the ends of the cowl plenum or the edges of the hood via NACA ducts.

Your A/C intake is from the passenger footwell, not from out side, only the heater and vent pull from the outside, if this helps.

BTW, I didn't know these existed, as alot of the ones at our yard are rotting out, what a great product.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined '87 Duke (Sold)
'87 Quad 4 H.O.
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave